Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Sandwich Police

Igor Writes

So the other day I'm sitting in my parked car eating a sandwich and listening to the Mets recap. It's right around midnight and I'm getting ready to head home, but not before I finish my damn sandwich.

Suddenly a cop speeds up my street and jams his little utility light/death ray directly into my eye in mid sandwich bite.

Cop: Hey

Me: Hi

Cop: How you doin', man?

Me: I'm good.

Cop: You're good?

Me: I'm good.

Cop: Good.

...
...

Me: I'm having a sandwich. *waves sandwich*

Cop: Nothing illegal about enjoying a picnic in the street, but...

Me: Yeah.

Cop: Yeah. Well enjoy your sandwich.

Me: I will, thanks.



And then the cop sped off into the night.

So there you go. For anyone who was ambiguous as to the legal status of eating a sandwich in a car, it is in fact still legal. But barely.

No comments: