Monday, September 1, 2008

Closing in on it!

Ernie writes-

Well, there hasn't been much in the way of updates because there hasn't been much to say. Not that we aren't hard at work at making you the best damn religious satire you'll ever feast your eyes and or nose on (via iSmell). It's simply that much of the work that's been going on has been the less exciting part of film making. Things like:
-Script editing
-Shot list making
-meeting, after meeting, after friggin' meeting!

But guess what, we shot something yesterday! Yay! And that means that Monday updates have returned! Wheeeeew!!!!!

Okay, so it wasn't the most exciting shoot. No one was offended, sexually assaulted or murdered, like you'd usually find on our sets; but it was a damn good shoot. I ventured to eastern Connecticut to get a few shots of some landscapes to use as backdrops for the epic battle sequence in the movie. I was aided by my trusty side kick Spencer. We took a great many shots and were feeling ambitious so, we thought it would be fun to get some random people that we find and have an impromptu scene shoot.

Essentially we wanted to find a couple of people who could be extras for a scene where they simply are in shock and awe as they gaze up at the sky and point at an object (that our visual effects team would add in later). An object kind of like those ships from Independence Day where all of the pedestrians are just petrified, ya know? Trust me, it'll fit in the movie. Anyway, we approached a couple who we thought would be perfect for the scene. After explaining who we were, what we were doing and what we would hope they could do for us, they're response was something like this:

"Wow!"

After that first comment I felt hopeful, but they finished they're response:

"Ya know what? I have...absolutely...zero interest in that."

Bummer!

Luckily, as we were driving back home, we passed a farm and saw a guy driving a tractor. I figured "what the hell," I'll take my chances and ask him if he wants to be in our movie. As I stepped out of the car and walked toward the farmer (who hadn't noticed Spencer or me) I anticipated our question would bring on one of three likely responses:

Possibility one:

Ernie:
Excuse me would you like to be in our film?

Farmer:
Trespassers eh ya? Ah well, I best get my shot gun, kill ya, skin ya and roast ya.

Possibility two:


Ernie:
Excuse me would you like to be in our film?

Farmer:
Well sure! But just don't be a touchin' my three beautiful daughters! Or else!

Ernie:
Or else what?

Farmer:
I best get my shot gun, kill ya, skin ya and roast ya.

Possibility three:

Ernie:
Excuse me would you like to be in our film?

Farmer:
Well sure! I love helping people in the arts, especially struggling film makers like yourselves. What do you need me to do?


Fortunately for us, it was possibility three that ended up occurring! Therefore, I'm alive and able to share these great photos with you courtesy of my good sir, Spencer! Look for another update next Monday because you can bet your ass there will be a shoot! Enjoy!:





No comments: