Friday, June 27, 2008

I Will Always Love You

Ben writes-

I've been noticing lately that there is a very clear and distinct difference between the lyrics to love songs written by men and women. In simple terms, women tend to sing about kissing and cuddling, whereas male-written songs are basically just fancy ways of saying, "do me" or "oh man I wish I could do her". Here are some examples:

Women:
A moment like this
Some people wait a lifetime
For a moment like this
Some people search forever
For that one special kiss
Oh I can't believe it's happening to me
Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this.
-Kelly Clarkson

"My Heart Will Go On"
-Celine Dion
sorry to have reminded you of this one.

Men:
Come take control, just grab a hold
Of my body and mind soon we'll be making it
Honey, oh we're feeling fine
You're my medicine open up and let me in
Darling, you're so great
I can't wait for you to operate
-Marvin Gaye

For once I can say
This is mine, you can't take it
Long as I know I've got love I can make it
For once in my life
I've got that someone who needs me
Mmm...hmm...hmm...
-Stevie Wonder
Stevie Wonder's getting some? Really? This one's not really so much about sexytime other than that part right at the end.

And someday I'll put my... ...goodies... ...in... ...you... ...woman...
when a man needs a woman
they make things like you, my son.

-the Beach Boys

No comments: