Monday, February 23, 2009

The Monthly Telegrapgh (Feb '09)


A miracle! That's what I've discovered in Ernie Zahn's living room! While I'm looking for a place to stay, Ernie has been kind of enough to let me sleep in his home's crawl space. Well, it's Monday, so he always generously let's me out to see the light and gives me some food!

Whilst being in a bit of a trance due to malnourishment, I wandered into Ernie's living room and discovered an odd looking box. Ernie turned it on for me and I saw pictures...and...they were coming alive! He told me the device was based on a technology called motion pictures. I seem to recall such an invention in my time, but I thought it was a thing that was only frequented by unsavory men who'd like to sneak a peek at ladies' ankles (hehehe)!

I also recall however, that there was a man in a small room projecting these living pictures. I was pleased to find that when I stood in front of this device, which Ernie called a letter T and a letter V, that my shadow was not cast across its screen.

When I asked Ernie what sort of grains must be fed to this TV to keep it sustained, there was a bit of a silence. He then began explaining that this device is powered by something called electricity. Whatever it is, it sounds delicious and I will try it someday.

This new device is a bit overwhelming and quite confusing. My sentiments only increased when Ernie started mentioning things like "TV will switch to DTV in 2009." After hearing this my heart skipped a beat when I realized that people were still cutting of switches to discipline animals.

I was growing worried that this change to DTV would be too much for me to take right now but was relieved to hear that the change date has been moved from February to June. Thank my lucky German helmet!

I was even more relieved to see I'm not the only one who's confused about all this! Below, is a small living picture window with a very small lady who's speaking my language! Let' have a look:



That's one fine gal! Perhaps her and I can push a hoop down a road on our way to a nice box social!

BTW, I found this living picture box on a youtubery binge. Thank you to DTV2009 for a PSA!

No comments: