Saturday, July 21, 2007

Brilliant Idea #2

Now that HDTV is becoming standard, and every cable company is advertising that they have the most HD channels (don't ask me how that's possible), TV is increasingly becoming all-digital. In fact, in a few years it will be ILLEGAL to broadcast in analog.

People who have HDTVs generally have home theater systems to go along with them. Why not offer advanced audio options, too? Perhaps HD channels with optimized surround sound?

When the snooty hospital director walks in on Dr. House watching soap operas in the break room, I want to be able to hear her directly behind me, which is something that is glaringly missing from Fox HD.

Get on it, Cablevision.

Edit - My colleague informs me that some Fox shows are presented in 5.1 surround sound. Have you ever listened to any of those programs? It's the most half-assed 5.1 I've ever heard. So there.

No comments: