Wednesday, July 4, 2007

I'm sure I'm on a list anyway...

Igor Writes-

Update: I had to think long and hard about whether or not I wanted to make this post. But, as long as we're all being honest here...

Ok, I know how this looks. I want to say right off the bat, I'm not unpatriotic. I don't hate our troops. I don't hate our country.

I do, however, have to wonder why I keep seeing things like this:



Why are there so many videos of soldiers being dicks to Iraqi civilians?



I think what's happened here is that a) none of these soldiers are trained to deal with civilians, which now seems all but obvious, and b) after seven tours of duty you tend to get frustrated and bored.

Again, what I'm saying here is that the military, lead by Arch-Emperor Bush himself, dropped the ball on this. I believe that part of what is happening to American troops in Iraq has at least something to do with the military giving insufficient training on how to get along with the civilian population.

Do you agree? Disagree? Am I a dirty rotten commie insurgent bastard? Let me know.

No comments: